- Preheat oven to 400 F (205 C)
- Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
- Wash 10 asparagus shoots (about half a bunch) and trim the bottom 1cm.
- Wrap each asparagus shoot with a slice of bacon in a single helix, and lay on the wrapped asparagus on the lined cookie sheet in a single layer.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until bacon is cooked to desired doneness.
Tips and Suggestions
Sometimes I prepare this at 375 F (190 C) to match another dish in the oven. You may need to bake for a little longer if you do this.
Variant: Cover half of the shoots with barbeque sauce. I’ve tried using Diana® Sauce (Maple), though substituting another variety should work. It’s normal for a small amount of the sauce to start charring on the foil. I find that covering all the shoots with barbeque sauce is intoxicatingly rich, so I don’t usually do it if I plan on eating them all by myself.
If not serving immediately, drain excess bacon fat either into the trash or into a bowl for later use. (Do not put down the drain, as it will usually clog.)